Satta Matka is a hugely popular form of gambling and betting in India. It is essentially a lottery, where punters bet on random numbers, hoping to win big.
The game works just like a regular game of satta matka would, only you can play at as often as you want, when you want.
So get your guessing prowess on and try your hand at satta matka online!Play Satta Matka at 1xBet
Here are the basic rules for playing a round of Satta Matka:
This is entirely a game of luck, though some will claim that secure strategies are available. We’ll get to that as well.
Let’s also not forget that most people are somewhat superstitious and like to play the same numbers in a lottery every single time. That’s a universal truth for all lotteries and most people, who play numbers with meaning to them (such as anniversaries or birthdays).
Depending on where you play and which variation of the game you choose, payout rates may vary between 9/1 and 999/1. Obviously, a rate of 999/1 is massive and would result in huge returns.
Whilst it remains a game of luck and chance, the payout, if successful, are so attractive that punters will return to play over and over again. It doesn’t take a huge bet either in order to hit a jackpot win.
In any case, the odds tend to be against the player, which is always the case in a lottery. The possible combination of numbers that could be drawn is so massive as to be incomprehensible.
Also, expect to pay a fee on every Rupee won. The Matka betting agent will want to make a living as well and usually takes a cut of 5% on your winnings.
This is where we need to get real. You’ll be searching the Internet far and wide for reliable tips and tricks on how to win at Satta Matka or any of its versions. And many promises and assurances will be made to you.
Generally, the ratio of win to loss is given at 10% winning versus 90% losing. That means your chance of winnings stands at 10%, which is not an awful lot.
Remember also that this is a game of pure chance. And such things cannot truly be predicted, no matter which table you choose to look at and implement or which strategy you choose to play.
As with any lottery, if luck is not on your side you will lose. And luck doesn’t really favour anyone.
So, how can we help you here? Well, we’re here to tell you that you should enjoy the game above any aim to make a gain. Winning will never be a certainty. We can’t predict the numbers that will next be drawn. Nobody can and anybody who claims that they have a fool proof strategy is trying to fool you. Don’t fall for it.
Instead play mindful and with joy. Any form of gambling should only ever be viewed as fun on the side. Keep your bets small in order to stick with your budget. Play the numbers you like and never ever chase your losses.
If you win, great! Enjoy it. Don’t count on a lucky streak. A losing streak is much more likely. Take your winnings, treat yourself and come back another time to play once again.
Finally, do learn all the rules of the version you’re playing. Knowing a game does increase your odds, even if only ever so lightly. Still, betting randomly is unlikely to do you any favours. It’s best to go in prepared.
Once upon a time Satta Matka was a form of lottery where punters placed bets on the opening and closing numbers of the rates of cotton that were transmitted to the Bombay Cotton Exchange from the New York Cotton Exchange.
This form of gambling dates back to before the independence of India and was then known as Ankada Jugar (‘figures gambling’).
However, in 1961 the New York Cotton Exchange put a stop to this game, and punters were forced to look for alternatives. It was Rattan Khatri, one of the first so-called Matka Kings, who introduced the idea to bet on the opening and closing rates of imaginary products. After all, nobody could possibly put a stop to something imaginary, right?
And the game was not so much about the cotton rates but about the fun of placing bets on random numbers.
In this new version, where no official numbers could be transferred via transmitter, random numbers were written on pieces of paper, which were placed into a pot (called matka) and then drawn by one person, who would read the winning numbers out loud.
Eventually the game changed and instead of numbers from a pot, numbers were drawn from a deck of cards. What stayed was the name: matka.
Satta Matka was never exactly legal. It was a practice among many mill workers in Mumbai, which resulted in Mumbai becoming the biggest hub for the Matka business. In the 1980s and 90s the business reached its peak there and betting volumes regularly reached Rs. 500 crore every month.
Eventually the Mumbai Police cracked down on the Matka dens, forcing the dealers out of the city. It’s not exactly clear on why the police seemingly suddenly decided on the crackdown, however.
Dealers decided to move to other states instead, including Gujarat and Rajasthan, though the business did not truly recover after that. Punters who were left hanging by the move eventually pursued Satta Matka online or decided to play other lottery games instead.
You can read more about the history and other Matka kings on Wikipedia.